We are delighted to introduce our new house wines from Fortant in the South of France. This Sauvignon Blanc and Merlot offer the finest expression of Languedoc terroir. The Languedoc is the largest and most diverse wine growing region in the world and the Fortant wines are of the highest quality and offer true varietal character.
(Please note that Vintages are subject to availability. We have a full range of Spirits, Lager and Draught Guinness.)
Fortant Sauvignon Blanc is lemon yellow in colour with intense notes of grapefruit and pineapple. Crisp and dry with lively citrus fruits on the palate.
Delicate floral and perfume notes. On the palate there are light, crisp, fruity flavours and a fresh gentle mousse.
For our House Champagne, we feature Champagne Lanson Pere et Fils Brut NV. Fresh aromas of ripe fruits, honey, with notes of Brioche. Full and persistent palate from the extra ageing with honeydew flavours.
CHAMPAGNE & COCKTAILS BY THE GLASS
Champagne Champagne Laurent Perrier Brut €12.80
Kir Royale €14.60
Champagne Cocktail €16.50
CHAMPAGNE & COCKTAILS BY THE BOTTLE
34. Champagne Laurent Perrier Rose Label Rosé €92.50
3. Joseph Drouhin, Fleurie 2015 €41.50 (Bottle) Crisp and complex with fresh fruit flavours
5. Joseph Drouhin, Cotes de Beaune Villages 2013 €47.70 (Bottle) A classic Burundian, garnet coloured, complex and long.
6. Regnard, Nuits St Georges 2013 €73.00 (Bottle) Fragrant, full good depth with a dry finish.
8. Joseph Drouhin, Aloxe Corton 2013 €62.50 (Bottle) Distinctively flavoured mature Burgundy with meaty flavours and attractive fruit.
11. Chateau Magnol, Haut Medoc Cru Bourgeois 2014 €52.00 (Bottle) Elegant nose. Robust and spicy on the palate.
12. Frank Phelan, St. Estephe 2014 €62.50 (Bottle) A generous, powerful nose of ripe blackcurrants, complimented by a dense, brooding muscular palate.
63. Chateau les Ormes de Pez, Cru Bourgeois 2009/12 €62.50 (Bottle) Deep and dark colour. Beautiful tannic structure and long aftertaste.
74. Chateau du Tertre Margaux 2014 €90.00 (Bottle) Complex and elegant floral notes. Rich and velvety textured with a long finish.
France; Rhone Valley
15. Bouachon Les Bastilles Rasteau 2014 €41.50 (Bottle) Deep-coloured and robust, with a good structure and spicy warmth.
2. Clos Val Aouri Chateaunuef du Pape 2015 €52.00 (Bottle) Flavours of the garrigue and small red fruit aromas. Supple in the mouth with well-blended tannins.
16. Chianti Classico DOCG “Peppoli”, Tuscany 2016 €41.50 (Bottle) Medium bodied Chianti, aged before bottling.
17. Marques de Riscal, Rioja Reserva 2014 A classic oak Rioja, with a hint of tannin
Half Bottle / Bottle
€25.00 / €42.00
18. Vina Pomal Reserva Rioja 2012/13 €50.50 (Bottle) There is an abundance of ripe berry fruit underpinned with subtle oaky spice flavours.
7. Hunter’s Estate, Marlborough Pinot Noir 2015 €42.00 (Bottle)
A stunning wine from a great wine maker.
98. Dimersfontein, Pinotage Wellington 2016 €42.50 (Bottle) Lots of coffee and mocha on the nose. Quite smokey and hints of bitter chocate
71. Santa Rita, Medalla Real Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 €41.50 (Bottle) Aged in America oak, lightly wooded fruit.
65. Santa Rita, Maipo Valley “Casa Real” Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 €62.50 (Bottle) Rich and fruity with aromas of blackcurrant, amazing value.
France; Loire Valley Half Bottle Bottle
23. Comte Lafond, Sancerre 2017 €46.70 (Bottle) Crisp and complex with fresh fruit flavours.
24. J.C. Chatelain, Pouilly Fume 2016 €42.00 (Bottle) Aromatic, with hints of green fruit.
92. Baron de “L”, Pouilly Fume 2010 €79.50 (Bottle) Astounding value for this great wine.
25. Louis Moreau, Chablis 2016 €41.50 (Bottle) Clean and stylish with medium to long fruit flavours.
26. Albert Pic, Chablis 1’er Cru “Fourchaume” 2014 Elegant, almost flowery aromas, full of peach flavours.
Half Bottle / Bottle
€25.50 / €55.00
22. Regnard, Chablis Grand Cru 2015 €59.50 (Bottle) Chablis at its finest, showing great depth of flavour.
47. Regnard, Macon Lugny 2016 €38.00 (Bottle) Deep golden in colour. Hints of ripe peach. Good acidity and fruit.
87. Regnard, Pouilly Fuisse 2015 €52.00 (Bottle) Pale green colour, aroma of lemon. Rich and well balanced.
28. Joseph Drouhin, Meursault 2016 €69.00 (Bottle) A complex wine with a lot of depth and concentrated flavours.
91. Joesph Drouhin, Puligny, Montrachet 2015/16 €73.00 (Bottle) Smooth, stylish a very drinkable classic.
29. F.E. Trimbach , Gewurztraminer 2015 €41.50 (Bottle) The classic, spicy Alsatian with hints of honey and lemon.
13. F.E. Trimbach Riesling 2015 €41.50 (Bottle) A great classic with aromas of peaches and limes with mineral notes.
Lean, refreshing and fantastic with seafood and creamy sauces.
199. Pazo De San Mauro, Albariño 2016 2017 €36.00 (Bottle) Classic dry white, tropical fruit, pear, melon & herbal notes
32. Hunters Sauvignon Blanc 2017 €41.50 (Bottle) A stunning wine from the great wine maker, Jane Hunter.
70. Santa Rita Medalla, Chardonnay 2015 €39.20 (Bottle) Fragrant and subtle with tropically invigorating fruit flavours.
93. Santa Rita Medalla, Sauvignon Blanc 2015 €39.20 (Bottle) Pale in colour with overtones of vanilla and tropical fruits.
72. Rose D’Anjou (France) 2016/17 Elegant rose colour and an ample lasting fruity bouguet.
Glass / Bottle
€7.70 / €34.00
33. Chapoutier, Muscat Beaume de Venise 2016 Golden yellow in colour with excellent aromatic. Intensity cittud and ripe fruit lend complexity to the freshness of this blend.
Glass / Bottle
€9.60 / €33.00
HOUSE SELECTIONS – BOTTLE €30.70
19. Garnagea, Pinot Grigio 2017 (Italy) White with aromas of fresh fruit and flowers.
39. Fortant Chardonnay 2017 (France) Delightful fruit driven food friendly and elegant Chardonnay.
40. Walnut Block Collectables Sauvignon Blanc 2017 (New Zealand) Showing intense aromas of melon, citrus and passion fruit. Beautifully ripe and vividly fresh with a crisp, pure finish.
80. Siete Soles, Sauvignon Blanc 2017 (Chile) A crisp and clean wine with fresh, citrus aromas and flavours.
46. Montepulciano D’Abruzzo, 2017 (Italy) White with aromas of fresh fruit and flowers.
48. Baron Philippe de Rothschild, Merlot 2016 (France) Appealing, soft and fruity.
84. Hood Plover Shiraz 2017 (Australia) Deep purple with crimson red hue, with hints of spicy pepper and liquorice. This wine has a smooth finish.
79. Siete Soles, Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 (Chile) Ripe fruit aromas of cherries and blackberries with hints of tobacco and spice.
HOUSE SELECTIONS – BOTTLE €34.00
1. Santa Rita ‘Gran Hacienda’ Sauvignon Blanc 2017 (Chile) Gooseberry aroma, medium to dry with a crisp finish.
31. Joseph Drouhin, Macon Villages 2016 (France) Flowery aromas and a fruity taste: a perfect Chardonnay wine from Burgundy.
85. Mar de Frades Albariño 2017 (Spain) Aromas of fruits, apricot, along with almond blossoms and subtle salty and tropical notes. On the palate it tastes of orange jam and aromatic herbs.
00. Marques de Riscal, Verdejo, Rueda, (Spain) 2017 Lovely aromatic intensity, with tropical fruit and hints of fennel and fresh grass. These notes follow through onto the palate with bright acidity, resulting in beautifully balanced wine.
4. Santa Rita ‘Gran Hacienda’ Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 (Chile) Berry, fruit flavours with vanilla oak with spicy overtones.
38. Marqués de Cáceres, Rioja 2015 (Spain) Soft mature fruit flavours with hints of spice and tobacco.
86. Chateau Mondain, Bordeaux 2015 (France) A wonderful bit of maturity on this wine with a classic medoc nose of tobacco and cedar mingling with the blackcurrent and cassis. Very smooth and elegant with and elegant finish.
30. Dona Paula Estate Malbec “Altamira”, Mendoza, 2017 (Argentina) Lovely supple smooth red wine. Sweet red fruit and vanilla aromas with plum fruit flavours and hints of chocolate.
CRAFT BEERS €6.40
Grunt Saison 4.5% 330ml Dry citrussy, spicy ale. Great with spicy meats and cheese. Try me with salads or fish dishes.
Dublin Blond €6.90
Passifyoucan Blonde Ale 5.2% 330ml Citrussy, zingy nose and palate. lots of tropical fruits, malty finish. Try me with anti pasta or chicken dishes.
Handsome Jack Indian Pale Ale 6.6% 330ml Double dry hopped IPA, bursting with mango, pineapple and grapefruit. Try me with steaks, burgers or fish ‘n chips.